Hello and welcome to Abibimman Foundation. The Foundation focus its efforts mainly on women, children and young people by promoting the needed awareness, and help address their development challenges while utilizing them as positive agents in the promotion of sustainable livelihoods, peace and development through facilitated collaboration among various partners in their communities.
Abibimman Foundation a Non-Profit Oriented, Non-Partisan, Non-Governmental Organisation (RGD G5,895, DSW 2525), established in 2000 and dedicated to the promotion of sustainable Livelihoods, ameliorate conflict situations and a culture of peace, Climate Change, environmental ,Land Degradation, Agriculture, Biodiversity, democracy and development based on knowledge of cultural, civic, human right, environmental and health issues. Promote cultural, formal and non-formal education as well as technical and vocational skill development to enhance employment and job opportunities for a better standard of human .The Foundation upholds the principles of the United Nations and African Union.Accredited member of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC), International Society of Environmental and Rural Development Council (ISERD), United Nations Global Compact (UNGC), Adaptation fund (AF NGO network), Global Environment Facility (GEF NGO), Green Climate Fund(GCF), Partnership for Maternal, Newborn & Child Health (PMNCH of the WHO), Global Soil Partnership (GSP of the FAO), Habitat International Coalition ,Internatioal Campain To Abolish Nuclear Weapon (ican),Climate and Clean Air Coalition (CCAC of the UNEP),UNCAC Coalition and ECOSOC of the United Nations
To ameliorate conflict situations and promote a culture of peace, sustainable livelihoods, democracy and development based on knowledge of cultural, civic, Climate Change, environmental, Land Degradation, Agriculture, Biodiversity, Human right and health issues. Promote cultural, formal and non-formal education as well as technical and vocational skill development to enhance employment and job opportunities for a better standard of human development
- We work to influencing government policies, and changing national attitudes towards Environment, Education, Biodiversity, Conservation, Land Degradation, Health, Human Right, Agriculture, climate change and sustainable livelihood issues and also influencing policies of institutions (local, national and international, governments and intergovernmental bodies, donors and the general public).
- Mobilize Student, youth, Civil Society Organization (CSOs), /Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) and Community Based Organizations (CBOs) to promotion sustainable Livelihoods, Education, Biodiversity, Climate change, environment, human right and health issues.
- To raise awareness on social, cultural, economic, environmental and political issues
- To reinforce and reward existing environmentally friendly lifestyles among youth, thereby delaying or reducing the adoption of greenhouse gas emitting practices among all Ghanaians
- Enhance energy efficiency through energy saving bulbs, reducing wastage of electricity and other domestic fuels.
- Campaign against environmental degradation and Desertification
- To advocate the appropriate allocation and utilization of public and private resources to ensure good quality yields and production
- To advocate democratic participation in the formulation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation environment, Desertification, Climate change and livelihood issues.
- To influence international policies and programmes on environment, climate change and livelihood issue.
- Promoting sustainable livelihoods, Peace, human rights, democracy and development
- Promoting children, youth, women’s rights, welfare and advancement
- Promoting cultural, civic, formal and non-formal education
- Campaign against conflicts and wars; enforce conflict prevention and resolution measures.
- Promoting Agriculture, Biodiversity , Climate Change and environmental
- Participating actively in national and international issues and activities.
Collaborating with other Non-Governmental Organizations / Community Based Organizations both national and international with shared goals and objectives.
We uphold to the core values of transparency, accountability and probity, mutual respect, honesty, justice, self-reliance, and gender equality and disability friendly
- Capacity Building
- Community Mobilization
- Reseach and Development
Membership Strength 45 Number of Paid Staff: 10 Number of Volunteers/Interns: 25 Number of Persons with Disabilities: 5 Gender : Male: 20 and Female: 25
- Ghana Association of Private Voluntary and Organisations in Development (GAPVOD)
- Ghana National Education Campaign Coalition (GNECC)
- International Day Of African Youth - Ghana (IDAY)
- Ghana Trade and Livelihood Coalition (GTLC)
- Ghana MDG’s Campaign
- Food Security Advocacy Network – Ghana (FoodSPAN)
- Human Rights Ngo’s / CHRAJ Forum
- Ghana Climate Adoptation Network (Ghana CAN)
- EPA NGO
- Africa Youth Initiative on Climate Change Ghana(AYICC-Ghana)
- Coalition Of Youth Development Organisations In Ghana
- Economic Justice Network Ghana(EJN)
- Climate Action Network Ghana(CAN-Ghana)
- Gender Action on climate Change for Equity and sustainability (GACCES)
1. Support the Children Programme (S.C.P) - Children’s Wing
2.; Youth In Development Programme (YiDP) - Youth Wing
Green-Life Clubs - (Student’s Wing)
3. Women Advancement Programme (WAP) – Women’s Wing
Programmes Thematic Agendas
- Frontline (Education, Career Development, Trade Issues)
- Choice, Not Chance (General Health Education and Promotion)
- Why HIV/AIDS?, Why Me? - (HIV/AIDS and Related Issues)
- Our Environment, Our Development (Environment, Land and Development issues )
- A Smile on All Faces (Cohesiveness, Peaceful Coexistence and Good Governance Promotion)
- Without Substance Abuse (Preventing and Managing Drug and Substance Abuse and Effects)
- Handle Life With Care (Counseling and Motivation on General Life Issues)
The Foundation operates from its Tema based Secretariat at Flat # 1/ A 74, Site 3 (opposite Tema Development Corporation) Community 1, Tema in the Tema Municipality within the Grater Accra Region of Ghana. The Secretariat is headed by the Chief Executive Officer with two Deputies, a Director of Programmes and Projects, Programme Co-ordinators. It has a structure of the General Assembly, Executive Council and Local Executives.